Social Icons

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sony Cyber-Shot Digital Camera Tx30

By Amy

The Sony Cyber-Shot Tx30 is the absolute best point-and-shoot camera I’ve ever owned. Yes, I have a DSLR that I bring on professional trips because, well, it makes me look like I know what I’m doing, but when given the choice, I absolutely always reach for the Cyber-Shot. Of course, any point-and-shoot compact camera is going to be lighter and smaller than a DSLR, ideal for those on-the-go moments when you need a camera that will fit in your pocket, but the Cyber-Shot Tx30 goes far beyond convenience. It offers high quality images, but more importantly to me, it is absolutely, completely indestructible.
sony-cybershot
Sony describes the Cyber-Shot Tx30 as ‘certified waterproof, rustproof, shockproof, and freeze proof’ and they are not kidding. I have taken mine everywhere from snorkeling with whale sharks to sandy beaches to ski trips, and it has never failed me. It’s been in the hands of both preschoolers and teenagers, both demographics known for hard use of electronic items. It’s very user-friendly, with an easy-to-navigate touch screen that I can still see in bright sunlight, and turns on and off with a slide of the front panel, rather than at the touch of a button (easier to manage with gloves or while underwater). If your travels will be taking you outdoors in any capacity, this is the point-and-shoot that needs to be in your pocket.
Here’s the nitty-gritty (aka, why your photos will turn out startlingly well): the Cyber-Shot Tx30 has 18.2 megapixels, takes 1080/6oi video, and a 5x optical soon. It also has something called a 10x Clear Image zoom, but I have to admit I don’t know what that means. Sounds fancy.
I took the Cyber-Shot on a five day river rafting expedition, during which I was the only person to take out his or her camera on the water. Yes, all the DSLRs along for that trip took excellent shots of sunsets and cookouts, but they were packed carefully away on the rapids. What’s the point of bringing a camera you can’t use? My Cyber-Shot was on my wrist the entire five days, and I could use it everywhere, from a video selfie jumping off cliff rocks into the river to recording Class IV rapids from the vantage point of a kayak.
Here’s an example of video taken entirely with the Cyber-Shot:
Pick one up at Sony for $259  or get a deal on Amazon for $227 . The Cyber-Shot comes in fun colors ranging from bright orange to pink, blue, or black.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 28th, 2014, 2:00 am by Amy and is filed under Adventure Gear General Gear .

You can follow any responses to this entry through RSS 2.. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text